Try this easy recipe to make Grain-Free Mini Slider Buns for your next party. In about 10 minutes, you’ll have a batch of 24 ridiculously delicious mini slider buns.
Leave them plain or divide different toppings between one batch to make a variety of flavors. These bite-sized buns are perfect for all your favorite slider fillings…like our Bacon Blue Turkey Burger Mini Sliders and Pork Carnitas Mini Sliders. Everybody wins.Print
Bite-sized buns are perfect for all your favorite slider fillings.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour, packed
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour, packed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp tiger nut flour (optional)
- 1 tsp ghee or butter, melted
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Generous pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: poppy seeds, sea salt, sesame seeds, everything bagel seasoning, browned onions, ghee/butter and herbs, parmesan, etc.
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms and sides of all cups of a 24-cup nonstick muffin tin (or two 12-cup tins) with melted butter/ghee. Optionally, lightly dust with tiger nut flour by sifting across cups with a small fine mesh strainer (divide the flour, sifting half over each pan, if using two). This makes it easier to remove the buns from the tin. We use tiger nut flour because it has a neutral, almost sweet flavor and doesn’t get bitter. Set aside.
- Add almond flour, tapioca or arrowroot flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and a generous pinch of salt to a large bowl and gently whisk to combine well.
- In a small measuring cup, measure apple sauce then add eggs and whisk with a fork to combine. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and whisk to combine thoroughly, but do not over mix.
- Divide batter among the 24 cups, filling 1/2 to 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, removing as soon as a toothpick inserted into center of cup comes out clean (test on multiple cups).
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from tin. Cool to almost room temperature before slicing with a sharp knife.
Best when served immediately or at room temperature, but these maintain shape and fluffy texture and don’t dry out when refrigerated in a zip top bag with air removed (up to 4 days).
Keywords: party food, mini slider buns, sliders, buns, bread, grain-free, gluten-free, paleo