If you’ve ever had Panda Express’ Chow Mein, you know how addictive they can be. We made a Grain-Free Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat that has no soy, sugar or gluten and only a fraction of the fat. It’s also 100% plant-based, made with our Vegan Oyster Sauce. Top it with our Paleo Zucchini Mushroom Stir Fry.Print
- 1 8-ounce box Banza Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 packed cups sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 large celery rib, sliced crosswise on a diagonal
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Vegan Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Add 1/2 tsp salt to a large pot of water and bring to a rolling boil. Add the pasta, stir immediately, and cook for 8 minutes (set a timer). Drain and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- While water is boiling, Sliced the onions, cabbage, and celery, and combine the coconut aminos and oyster sauce in a small measuring cup or mug.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, then add the avocado and sesame oils, swirl, and add the onions and celery. Cook 2 minutes.
- Flip the onions and celery and top with the cabbage in a single layer. Cook one minute, then toss.
- Add noodles, toss again to incorporate with the vegetables, then add the sauce mixture.
- Remove from heat, toss to coat, then let rest for one minute to warm the noodles through. Toss again and serve.
Refrigerate in an airtight glass container up to four days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/6 RECIPE) – Calories: 168.3, Fat: 3.1g, Saturated Fat: .2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 184.9g, Potassium: 148.6mg, Carbohydrates: 27.1g total/22.6g net, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 5.1g, Protein: 9.5G, Vitamin A: 1.8%, Vitamin C: 32.9%, Calcium: 22.6%, Iron: .8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Chinese, Plant-Based
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: CHOW MEIN, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN FREE, PANDA EXPRESS, COPYCAT, TAKEOUT RECIPES, CHINESE, NOODLES, CHICKPEA PASTA, BANZA, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED, SOY-FREE, SUGAR-FREE