Sure, you can use this simple base to make some killer meatballs, but our Instant Pot Vegan Garden Marinara Sauce is equally respectable on its own as a plant-based sauce. Make and freeze for quick meals, and you’ll never have to buy that stuff in the jar again. We’ve got carrots, mushrooms, and sweet bell peppers in this mix, but you can add more vegetables for a heartier sauce like our summer vegetable version.
No need to add more water if you’re adding more veggies. They’ll cook down and release liquid under pressure. If increasing volume with more vegetables, adjust seasoning to taste.
Quick and easy Instant Pot Vegan Garden Marinara Sauce. A great make-ahead and freezer recipe that’s plant-based, paleo, and gluten-free.
- 1 28-oz can petite diced tomatoes (with liquid), no salt or sugar added
- 1 8-ounce package cremini (baby bella) mushroom caps, trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, quartered and chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped (red, yellow, orange, Aloha)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste (unsalted, no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt, more to taste after cooking
- Coat the bottom of the Instant Pot with the oil. Prep all vegetables and add the carrots, mushrooms, peppers, and half the can of tomatoes to the pot.
- In a blender or food processor, combine remaining half of the canned tomatoes, onions, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, Lakanto, salt, and spices. Pulse until pureed, then transfer to the pot. Add the 1/3 cup of water to the blender/food processor and pulse to get every bit of the puree, then add to the pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to Manual/High for 10 minutes (make sure “Keep Warm” is off). After cooking time ends, allow natural release for 15 minutes, then vent. When the pin drops, open and serve, or allow to cool for portioning and freezing.
Cool completely then refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to four days. Portion in reusable zip top bags or freezer containers and freeze up to six months. Total time does not include pressurizing and venting.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 CUP) – Calories: 78, Fat: .1g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 185mg, Potassium: 478mg, Carbohydrates: 16g total/11.8g net, Fiber: 4.2 Sugar: 7, Protein: 6, Vitamin A: 76.6%, Vitamin C: 154.7%, Calcium: 5%, Iron: 3.5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet). Includes an additional 1/8 teaspoon of salt added after cooking.
Keywords: MARINARA SAUCE, PASTA SAUCE, VEGAN, FREEZER-FRIENDLY, VEGETARIAN, MEAL PREP, PLANT-BASED, MEATLESS, #LAKANTOSWEETENED, SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO, LOW-CARB, INSTANT POT, WEEKNIGHT MEALS