Because one can only eat so much breakfast sausage and turkey bacon. We’re shaking mornings up a bit with an with these Italian Egg Cups with Peppers and Spinach. Featuring turkey Italian sausage and Parmesan cheese, these egg cups are perfect for a quick meal anytime.Print
- 16 oz container egg whites
- 2 links turkey Italian sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 12 spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed bell peppers
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese from a block, packed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp Homemade Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 tsp each salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil for muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 12-cup silicone muffin pan on a baking sheet and coat cups with olive oil.
- Remove the pull tab on the egg white container and add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Replace cap and shake well. Set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat and add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and caramelized then add chopped sausage and peppers to combine. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper then remove from heat and let mixture sit in hot pan so some of the moisture from the peppers evaporates.
- Place a spinach leaf in the bottom of each muffin cup, then distribute the sausage mixture between the cups. Next, distribute the cheese among the cups on top of the sausage mixture.
- Shake egg mixture again and slowly pour to fill each muffin cup half way. Re-cap, shake again, and pour the remainder evenly among the cups (they should be almost entirely full).
- Bake at 350 degrees F 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and cool 5-10 minutes before serving or completely before refrigerating/freezing.
Refrigerate in an airtight container 3-4 days or freeze up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Breakfast, to-go meals
- Method: Baking
Keywords: egg cups, egg whites, Italian sausage, bell peppers, spinach, Parmesan cheese, keto, low-carb, low-fat, low-calorie, grain-free, gluten-free