Our Korean Cabbage Omelet was inspired by Korean toast and is a low-carb alternative. At under 250 calories, each serving has just over 8 net carbs, more than 11 grams of protein, and a day’s worth of Vitamin C. Prep the vegetables and sauce ahead of time to make a satisfying and healthy breakfast in minutes.Print
For the Omelet
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (whites and greens divided)
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1 tsp cool water
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp umami seasoning blend
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
For the Sauce
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prep vegetables then heat an 8″ or 9″ nonstick skillet over low to medium-low heat with a cover. While pan is heating, add eggs, water, umami seasoning, salt, and garlic powder to a medium bowl and beat together. Add cabbage, onion whites, and carrots and toss to coat. Add the oil to the heated pan, then add the mixture in an even layer. Replace cover and cook until lightly golden on the bottom, 2-3 minutes. Use lower heat for a smaller pan since the omelet will be thicker.
- Carefully slide the omelet (uncooked side up) onto a large plate, cover with the skillet, and flip. This ensures the omelet will not break apart while flipping. Top with shredded cheese, return to burner, cover, and cook until lightly golden on the bottom, firm throughout, and cheese is melted on top.
- Once fully cooked, fold the omelet in half, then cut in half crosswise to form two equal servings. Transfer to plates and serve immediately, topped with onion greens, and with sauce on the side or drizzled on top.
To prep ahead, refrigerate vegetables and sauce separately in airtight containers. If cooking for one, prep once for two breakfasts, then use half of the vegetables, seasoning, and sauce with one egg each day.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/2 RECIPE) – Calories: 242, Fat: 16.8g, Saturated Fat: 6.7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.9g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 198mg, Sodium: 358mg, Potassium: 470mg, Carbohydrates: 11.8g total/8.2g net, Fiber: 3.6g, Sugar: 5.8g, Protein: 11.7g, Vitamin A: 15.8%, Vitamin C: 100%, Calcium: 16%, Iron: 7.8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
- Category: Breakfast, Omelet
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: KOREAN OMELETTE, KOREAN OMELET, CABBAGE OMELETTE, CABBAGE OMELET, KOREAN STREET TOAST, LOW-CARB, HEALTHY BREAKFASTS, QUICK BREAKFAST, OMELETTES, OMELETS, MEAL PREP, GLUTEN-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, KETO