- 2 tightly packed cups mixed baby greens (mustard, arugula, kale, turnip, chard, etc.), thicker stems removed
- 2 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole raw almonds, measured then roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Scant 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (or vegan parmesan), to taste
- Add greens, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic, and 1/3 cup oil to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the almonds and continue pulsing.
- To use as a dip, pulse the almonds to a finer consistency to result in a thicker pesto.
- To use as a sauce, pulse the almonds to desired consistency and add the remaining oil, a teaspoon at a time, as necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate in an airtight container for 30 minutes before using.
Total time does not include resting time.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
If adding parmesan, add the entire 1/2 cup olive oil with the greens.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Sauces, Dips
Keywords: PESTO, FIELD GREENS, MIXED GREENS, BABY GREENS, MUSTARD GREENS, BABY KALE, BABY ARUGULA, ALMONDS, PALEO, KETO, VEGAN, FARMERS MARKET, LOCAL PRODUCE, EAT LOCAL, HEALTHY EATING, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE