October is upon us, and so are all things that go with it. Like fall leaves and taffy apples.
And Halloween and taffy apples. And sweater weather and…you get the point. They’re everywhere, taunting us.
Win this battle with a Peanut Butter Pie One Bar and make a ridiculously easy sauce that tastes just like caramel and peanuts in about five minutes.Print
One Bar Taffy Apple
- 1 Peanut Butter Pie One Bar, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 apples, washed, cored and thinly sliced (works best with refrigerated apples)
- Core and slice apples, add lemon juice if desired, divide among two bowls, and return to fridge.
- Add almond milk and chopped Peanut Butter Pie One Bar to a small sauce pan with a heavy bottom.
- Melt the One Bar over the lowest heat possible. Slow and low is the key. Stir as needed, more frequently as the bar melts.
- Once fully melted (there will still be peanut chunks), divide the sauce between the bowls.
- Drop everything, leave the dishes, and enjoy the only taffy apple known to have 10 grams of protein per serving while adding less than one gram of sugar.
- Aren’t you glad you came up with this all by yourself?
Keywords: One Bar, apples, caramel apple, taffy apple, low glycemic index, high protein, gluten-free