Now that we have your attention on the subject of cake, here’s another portion-controlled way to indulge without regret.
Not into cranberries? Try this Blueberry Lemon version. Try them both! Who isn’t into cranberries?Print
Grain-Free Orange Cranberry Mug Cake
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries, packed
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed juice from navel or mandarin oranges
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp tiger nut flour
- 1 tsp blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1 tsp Swerve Brown Sweetener, packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- Pinch of salt
- Add orange juice to a measuring cup and microwave 10 seconds. Add the cranberries and microwave another 10 seconds (just until warm and beginning to absorb the juice). Then add the Swerve Brown Sweetener and half of the cinnamon to the juice. Stir well and allow the cranberries to soften for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large, microwave-safe mug, combine the dry ingredients, including the monk fruit sweetener and half of the remaining cinnamon, and stir to combine (you’ll use the last of the remaining cinnamon to sprinkle on top of the finished cake).
- Add the egg, oil, and extracts to the cranberry mixture and beat to combine, then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until batter is smooth, scraping around the bottom and sides of the mug frequently.
- Microwave uncovered for 80 seconds (1 minute, 20 seconds).
- Let sit for 1 minute, then run a knife around the edge of the cake. Turn out onto a plate, sprinkle with reserved cinnamon, and enjoy.
Test after one minute and watch closely thereafter.
Keywords: Microwave Mug Cake, Cranberry Orange, Grain-Free