The only thing better than bacon is oven roasted bacon. Why? Because you get all the bacon without battling the fire breathing dragon that is a stove top pan of bacon grease.
Bonus round: using a rack drains excess fat away, resulting in super crispy bacon that’s not chewy or rubbery. Real bacon is a treat, not a daily ingredient, so let’s do it right.Print
Super crispy bacon from the oven, effortlessly.
- 1 package smoked center cut bacon, or portion thereof
- Place oven rack in bottom position and preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on the sheet. If desired, fold the foil up around the rack to reduce spatter.
- Place bacon in a single layer on rack. No need to leave space between the slices as long as they don’t overlap.
- Cook bacon 15-20 minutes, depending on desired crispness. Keep an eye on it after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer bacon to a large plate lined with paper towel to finish draining.
- Serve immediately or cool further before crumbling.
Keywords: oven roasted bacon, oven bacon, crispy bacon, gluten-free, grain-free, keto, paleo