If you liked our Paleo Baked Apple Donut Bites, you’re going to love these Paleo Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut Bites with a salted maple glaze. Ready in under 30 minutes, these little bites of wonder a healthier alternative to the pumpkin baked goods floating around this time of year. Delicious plain or rolled in powdered Lakanto, but the salted maple glaze is to die for.Print
For the Dry Mix
- 1/2 cup Anthony’s Coconut Flour, packed and leveled
- 1/4 cup Anthony’s Tapioca Flour, packed and leveled
- 3 tbsp Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour, packed and leveled
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, packed and leveled
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the Wet Mix
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plain applesauce
- 3 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla (or plain) almond milk
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
For the Donut Bites
- Set oven rack position to one above center, preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment or Silpat. NOTE: Parchment will brown faster on the bottom than Silpat.
- Add the dry ingredients in the order listed to a sifter or fine mesh sieve placed inside a large bowl. Sift slowly to combine and work out any limps.
- Add the eggs to a medium bowl and beat with a fork or whisk. add the applesauce and pumpkin puree, whisk until smooth, then add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix just until combined and lump-free, then let sit for 5 minutes. This allows the coconut and tapioca flours to activate and firm up the dough.
- Scoop 24 portions of dough, about a tablespoon each, and gently roll into balls before placing onto the prepared baking sheet. Space as far apart as possible on one large tray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes (check at 12 minutes for parchment paper), then remove from oven, transfer to a cooling rack and place the rack back on the baking sheet (this will catch any glaze drips).
For the Glaze
- While the donut bites are baking, add Lakanto Classic, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to a bullet blender cup, small food processor cup, or spice grinder and pulse until the mixture is a fine powder. Allow to rest about 5 minutes before opening to avoid a dust cloud.
- Add the almond milk, Lakanto Maple Syrup, and coconut oil to a microwave safe mug or glass measuring cup. As soon as donut bites are transferred to the cooling rack, microwave the liquid mixture for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave until steaming, up to another 30 seconds at 10-second intervals.
- Add the powdered mixture to the steaming liquid and stir with a silicone spatula until completely smooth.
- Immediately spoon over the donut bites, evenly distributing the mixture and using just enough to allow it to run down the sides of each donut bite. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving. The glaze will begin to set up and the donuts will still be slightly warm.
Best when fresh, but you can cool completely then refrigerate in an airtight glass container up to 2 days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 DONUT BITE, GLAZED) – Calories: 32.4, Fat: 1.5, Saturated Fat:.6, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .2g, Monounsaturated Fat: .2g, Cholesterol: 15.5mg, Sodium: 26.7mg, Potassium: 42.7mg Carbohydrates: 3.4g total/3.2g net, Fiber: .3g, Sugar: .7g, Protein: 1.3g, Vitamin A: 12.4%, Vitamin C: .3% Calcium: .8%, Iron: 1.7% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 DONUT BITE, PLAIN/POWDERED LAKANTO) – Calories: 30.7, Fat: 1.4, Saturated Fat: .5, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .2g, Monounsaturated Fat: .2g, Cholesterol: 15.5mg, Sodium: 26.7mg, Potassium: 42.7mg Carbohydrates: 3.4g total/3.1g net, Fiber: .3g, Sugar: .7g, Protein: 1.3g, Vitamin A: 12.4%, Vitamin C: .3% Calcium: .8%, Iron: 1.7% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: PALEO DONUTS, DONUT BITES, PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS, PUMPKIN SPICE DONUT BITES, PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, BAKED DONUT BITES, DAIRY-FREE, SUGAR-FREE, #LAKANTOSWEETENED