Our Paleo Loaded Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect two-bite snack: soft cookies packed with pecans, pumpkin seeds, and Lakanto’s vegan chocolate chips. No one would ever suspect they’re plant-based with no dairy, sugar, or oil. At 70 calories each, they’re guilt-free, too.Print
Paleo Loaded Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp golden flaxseed meal plus 2 1/2 tbsp warm water)
- 2 1/3 cups Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour, packed and leveled
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, smooth almond butter (a thick brand like MaraNatha works best)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Chocolate Chips
- 10 raw pecan halves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds), roughly chopped
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the flax egg ingredients and let sit at least 5 minutes before using.
- In a large bowl, sift together the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the almond butter and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium speed then add the flax egg, Lakanto Golden, and Lakanto Classic and beat on medium until combined. Finally, add the pumpkin puree, beat until incorporated. Transfer the wet mixture into the dry mixture, scraping with a silicone spatula.
- Use the hand mixer on low speed to combine all ingredients thoroughly, but do not overmix. Use the silicone spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl and eliminate any dry ingredient pockets, and then to fold in the pecans, pepitas, and chocolate chips, distributing evenly. Cover with plastic and refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- Place oven rack at center position, preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion 36 cookies, about a tablespoon each. Roll each portion into a ball and position 18 cookies per sheet, evenly spaced. Use a piece of parchment and the bottom of a glass or base of your palm to flatten to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake one tray at a time for 12 minutes, then remove and cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep at room temperature to serve same day, then refrigerate leftovers in a glass airtight container up to 5 days. prep time does not include chilling time.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 COOKIE) – Calories: 70, Fat: 5.8, Saturated Fat: .7, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .1g, Monounsaturated Fat: .1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 5.9mg, Potassium: 83.7mg Carbohydrates: 2.7g total/1.4g net, Fiber: 1.3g, Sugar: .6g, Protein: 2.4g, Vitamin A: 10.6%, Vitamin C: .2% Calcium: 4.6%, Iron: 2.6% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: PALEO COOKIES, PUMPKIN COOKIES, VEGAN COOKIES, PLANT-BASED, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, #LAKANTOSWEETENED, #PSL, DAIRY-FREE, PUMPKIN, FALL DESERTS, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, PALEO, SUGAR-FREE