Craving takeout? Enjoy this healthy Paleo Zucchini Mushroom Stir Fry in less time than delivery and for a fraction of the cost. Our version is paleo-compliant, soy-free, and vegan, but you can add the protein of your choice. Not on a paleo diet? Try this stir fry with our Grain-Free Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat, made with chickpea pasta.Print
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch slices (about 3 lightly packed cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- Generous pinch ground black pepper
- Optional: Pinch of salt, to taste. Serve with cauliflower rice (paleo option) or our Grain-Free Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat (non-paleo option).
- Add coconut aminos to a glass measuring cup, then add Lakanto and rice wine vinegar. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, then add both types of oil, swirl them around the pan, and immediately add the sliced onions in a single layer. Cook one minute.
- Flip the onions, add the mushrooms in a single layer and cook 1 minute. Flip the onions and mushrooms and cook another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the ground black pepper, ginger, and garlic, toss to distribute evenly, then add the zucchini. Toss again and cook 1 minute, then remove from heat, add the coconut aminos mixture and toss to coat again. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers in a glass airtight container up to four days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 74.1, Fat: 2.6g, Saturated Fat: .3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 278.5g, Potassium: 631.5mg, Carbohydrates: 10.6g total/9.3g net, Fiber: 1.3g, Sugar: 5.9g, Protein: 2.7G, Vitamin A: 24%, Vitamin C: 25.2%, Calcium: 12.1%, Iron: 2.5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet). Nutrition information does not include side dishes.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: MUSHROOM STIR FRY, ZUCCHINI STIR FRY, STIR-FRY, PALEO, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, MEATLESS, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED, WASY DINNERS, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, CHINESE, TAKEOUT, PANDA EXPRESS, SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, LOW-CARB, LOW-FAT, SOY-FREE