You thought our persimmon series was over? Pshaw. We give you Persimmon and Crispy Prosciutto Bites so you can snack your way through the playoffs without subjecting yourself to greasy chips. Plus, you’ll be classy as hell yelling at the ref with a plate of these on your hand.Print
Persimmon and Crispy Prosciutto Bites
Sweet and savory Persimmon and Crispy Prosciutto Bites
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12–16 bites 1x
- 1 medium or large ripe Fuyu persimmon
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, divided
- 1/8 tsp each dried rosemary and sage
- 2 very thin slices of prosciutto di parma
- Divide goat cheese and mix half with rosemary and half with sage. Cover and refrigerate util ready to assemble.
- Place an oven rack at center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the prosciutto in a single layer. If doubling the recipe, be sure to leave space between the slices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness. Do not cook for more than 15 minutes, even if they don’t look fully crisped – they will finish crisping as they cool. Watch closely after 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, break into pieces similar in size to the persimmon slices.
- Peel persimmon and cut into 1/2″ thick slices, then quarter each slice. Top with a piece of prosciutto then add crumbled goat cheese. Secure with toothpick and garnish with additional rosemary and sage, if desired. Get all artsy and fancy. Or whatever. It’s your party.
If goat cheese is really not your thing, substitute with fresh mozzarella pearls, cut in half and sprinkled with herbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Snacks, Appetizers, Party Food
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Persimmon and Crispy Prosciutto Bites, persimmon, crispy prosciutto, goat cheese, rosemary, sage, appetizers, snacks, party food