If you’ve ever been told by a nutritionist to “eat the rainbow”, you know it can be both challenging and rewarding. That’s how we arrived at the Rainbow Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing.
The health benefits of eating a rainbow of vegetables daily are real, but so is feeling of being restricted to rabbit food. The peanut butter in this dressing provides a creamy and indulgent source of protein and the familiar Thai peanut sauce elements elevates this simple salad.Print
Stunning rainbow salad with a quick and easy Thai Peanut Dressing
For the Salad
- 1/2 large English cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, halved, and sliced
- 1 cup shredded spinach or lettuce of choice
- 1 cup finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced red or green onions, chopped roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, lime wedges, shredded cooked chicken breast (non-vegan option)
For the Dressing:
- Add sweetener and boiling water to a large measuring cup and stir until dissolved. Add peanut butter, coconut aminos, lime juice, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce. Whisk until thoroughly combined or use a bullet blender to mix.
- Divide the lettuce and cabbage between two plates and top with cucumbers, carrots, peppers, cilantro, and additional garnishes.
- Serve with dressing and lime wedges on the side or dress immediately before serving.
Refrigerate dressing in airtight container up to a week.
Also makes a great dip for carrots and red bell peppers.
Keywords: rainbow salad, soy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, Thai Peanut Dressing, vegan, vegetarian, salad