Our Roasted Cauliflower Stuffing has all the traditional stuffing flavors you love without the bread. Help yourself to a generous serving without derailing your day. Seriously. Save the calories for the mistakes you’ll make once the dessert hits the table. This easy and convenient Roasted Cauliflower Stuffing can also be made ahead of time and finished off right before serving. Win-win.Print
Roasted Cauliflower Stuffing
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1 8-ounce container baby bella mushrooms, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 medium parsnips, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted (we used Miyoko’s)
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- Place oven racks in top two positions and preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine salt and all spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prep all vegetables and add to a very large bowl, then toss to combine. Drizzle with the oil and melted vegan butter and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle with a third of the seasoning mixture, toss to coat, and repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Divide the mixture between the two prepared pans and arrange in a single layer to ensure even cooking. Roast for 20 minutes.
- While the stuffing is roasting, prep the walnuts. After 20 minutes, remove both pans form the oven, flip the stuffing, and divide the nuts between the two pans.
- Return to oven, rotating the pans between the racks, and roast another 10 minutes. Remove and let rest for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a serving dish.
To make ahead of time, roast the stuffing for 20 minutes and reserve the walnuts. Cool on the pans and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, then add the stuffing. Cover and heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a separate pan. Remove lid from the stuffing pan after 5 minutes, add the nuts, toss, and heat another 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Keywords: STUFFING, THANKSGIVING, HOLIDAYS, SIDE DISHES, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, KETO, PALEO, LOW-CARB, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, CAULIFLOWER STUFFING, VEGAN STUFFING