North End City Market is back in action and it’s the most magical time of the year – asparagus season! We’ve got several asparagus recipes but our current favorite is Roasted Coriander Lime Asparagus. Since we’re among friends here, we don’t mind saying that we rarely make it to the table and usually stand around in the kitchen eating asparagus right off the pan. We know you’ve done it, too.Print
Grab a bunch of fresh asparagus and try our Roasted Coriander Lime Asparagus recipe. Paleo, keto, gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 bunch fresh, thin asparagus spears (about a pound)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Set oven rack to top position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Rinse and strain the asparagus stalks before trimming. Nature knows best and the stalks will automatically break where they become tough and woody. Simply hold each stalk by the ends and bend until it snaps. Easy, no?
- Place the trimmed asparagus on the baking sheet in a single layer and drizzle with the oil. Roll the asparagus spears back and forth to coat evenly, then drizzle with the lime juice and repeat.
- Combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and coriander in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the asparagus spears.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, just until asparagus is tender at its thickest part (check frequently after 10 minutes). Cooking time will vary based on thickness of stalks.
- Transfer to a platter and serve immediately, garnished with lime wedges if desired.
Refrigerate leftovers in a glass airtight container up to thre days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 55.5, Fat: 3.4g, Saturated Fat: .3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .3g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 147mg, Potassium: 242mg, Carbohydrates: 5.3g total/2.9g net, Fiber: 2.4g, Sugar: 2.3g, Protein: 2.5g, Vitamin A: 17%, Vitamin C: 16%, Calcium: 3%, Iron: 13.6% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: ASPARAGUS, ROASTED ASPARAGUS, VEGAN, KETO, PALEO, CORIANDER, LIME, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, PLANT-BASED, HEALTHY RECIPES, SIDES, VEGETARIAN, SIDE DISHES, MEATLESS