Today we will be discussing the overcooking of fresh green beans. It is an absolute travesty. Stop the insanity and learn how to roast…or even blanch. End transmission.
Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s talk about the amazing green beans we got from Owl’s Roost Farm at North End City Market and how we lovingly transformed them into Roasted Coriander Lime Green Beans. Even little Miss Eww-Green-Beans-Are-Gross-And-I-Don’t-Like-Them was snarfing them down like they were fries, so chalk one up for team parent!Print
Roasted Coriander Lime Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 lime, half juiced, and half cut into wedges for serving
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Generous pinch of ground black pepper
- Small pinch of salt, plus more to taste after roasting
- Place oven rack one position down from the top and preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse green beans well and trim then lay out in a single layer on a clean kitchen towel to dry. Pat to dry completely if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and salt. Add beans to a large bowl and drizzle with the oil, then toss to coat. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning mixture, toss, and repeat with remaining seasoning to coat all the beans evenly.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes, then flip and continue roasting another 5-10 minutes, watching closely. Beans should have some browned spots and just be tender and beginning to wrinkle. Time will vary depending on the thickness of the beans.
- Remove from oven when cooked to desired tenderness, sprinkle with lime juice and toss on the tray, then transfer to a platter or serving dish and serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.
Keywords: GREEN BEANS, ROASTED GREEN BEANS, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, KETO, PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, EAT LOCAL, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED, SIDES, SIDE DISHES, FARMERS MARKET, LOCAL PRODUCE, HEALTHY EATING
Owl’s Roost Farm is built on sustainable farming practices, environmental stewardship, and community outreach. In addition to providing nutritious produce to the Rockford area, Owl’s Roost Farm offers tips, ideas, and recipes to ensure that their veggies makes it to your plates (use #owlseatveggies to add to the inspiration). Owl’s Roost Farm is currently at the North End City Market in Rockford and offers limited local delivery CSA subscriptions. Follow them on Instagram.