Our Roasted Garlic and Herb Zucchini Spears are perfect for a meatless main course or side dish and quick enough for a healthy snack any time.
- 2 large green zucchinis (total of 22–24 ounces)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional: Additional herbs for garnish, marinara sauce, and/or Vegan Parmesan for serving
- Combine a tablespoon of the oil with the garlic, pepper, herbs, and half of the salt* in a small bowl and set aside.
- Set oven rack to top position and preheat to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, brush with the reserved teaspoon of oil, and set aside.
- Wash and dry the zucchini, trim the stem and bottom, then quarter lengthwise to make spears. Place the zucchini spears, skin side down, on the prepared pan and brush generously with the herbs and oil until equally distributed between the spears. the mixture will be thick with herbs, so brush lightly with the oil then slap those herbs on.
- Roast on the top rack for 10 minutes, then remove. Let sit one minute, then transfer to plates or a platter and serve.
*If you like salt, sprinkle the spears with the reserved salt immediately after removing from oven. If you are watching your sodium intake, omit the reserved salt.
For even more flavorful spears, prep ahead of time, on the prepared baking sheet as directed, cover with foil or plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to roast. Remove plastic or foil cover before roasting.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (2 SPEARS, 1/2 ZUCCHINI) – Calories: 79.6, Fat: 5.1g, Saturated Fat: 1.2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .7g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 14.3g, Potassium: 586.6g, Carbohydrates: 7.2g total/4.9g net, Fiber: 2.3g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 2.6g, Vitamin A: 48.6%, Vitamin C: 48.8%, Calcium: 3.1%, Iron: 4.8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet). Nutrition calculated using 2 zucchinis at ~11.5oz each and the full 1/8 tsp salt.
Keywords: ZUCCHINI, ROASTED ZUCCHINI, GARLIC ROASTED ZUCCHINI, HERB ROASTED ZUCCHINI, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, PLANT-BASED, PLANTBASED, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, PALEO, KETO, LOW-CARB, LOW-CALORIE, HEALTHY RECIPES, MEATLESS MAIN COURSE, SIDE DISHES, SIDES, SNACKS