- 1 1/2 cups prepared chickpeas (or a 15-oz can), rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Fresh sage leaves for garnish (optional)
- Position oven rack at one level above center, preheat to 375 degrees F, and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and strain the chickpeas and transfer to a clean cotton kitchen towel. Gently pat dry then add to a medium mixing bowl. Add the oil and toss to coat.
- Add the sage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a small bowl and combine. Sprinkle the mixture over the chickpeas while tossing to coat evenly, then transfer the chickpeas to the prepared pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes stirring after 15 minutes to ensure even cooking. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate fully cooled leftovers in an airtight container up to 4 days. Reheat over low heat in a dry skillet.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 124.3, Fat: 4.8, Saturated Fat: .4, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: .9g, Monounsaturated Fat: 29g, Cholesterol: 0g, Sodium: 151.3mg, Potassium: 179.5mg Carbohydrates: 15.7g total/12.7g net, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 2.6g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: .3%, Vitamin C: 1.6% Calcium: 1%, Iron: 6% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Side Dishes, Snacks
- Method: Oven Roasting
- Cuisine: Plant-Based
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: CHICKPEAS, ROASTED CHICKPEAS, GARLIC, SAGE, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, MEATLESS, HIGH PROTEIN, SIDE DISHES, SNACKS, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE