Spaghetti squash is a delicious gluten-free alternative to traditional wheat-based spaghetti or angel hair pasta, and it contains more nutrients and fiber. Roasted Spaghetti Squash has a rich buttery flavor and a wonderful texture, and it couldn’t be easier to make. Unlike cooked pasta, spaghetti squash stores well and reheats beautifully in the microwave. Try it with your favorite marinara sauce.Print
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1 2-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Italian seasoning
- Generous pinches of salt and ground black pepper
- Place oven rack at center position and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment or Silpat and set aside.
- Halve the spaghetti squash lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds and stringy center with a spoon, and discard. Place the squash halves on the prepared pan, cut side up and divide oil between them (about 3/4 tsp each, right in the center). Mix garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and divide between the squash halves, right into the oil. Use your hand to spread the seasoned oil over the inside and cut edge of each squash half, then flip cut side down. No need to do anything to the outside, the skin will eventually be discarded.
- Roast 25-35 minutes, until outer edge of squash begins browning and the flesh is tender throughout.
- Remove from oven and flip cut side up. Allow to cool several minutes before running a large spoon around the edges and scooping the flesh out onto a large plate. It will fall apart into strings easily. Scrape as much as you can from the skin. Serve in a large bowl or plate individually.
Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 4 days. Reheats well in the microwave.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 80, Fat: 2.2g, Saturated Fat: 1.4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1.2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 43mg, Potassium: 280mg, Carbohydrates: 15.5g total/12.2g net, Fiber: 3.3 Sugar: 6, Protein: 1.6, Vitamin A: 5%, Vitamin C: 14%, Calcium: 3.8%, Iron: 4.5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: SPAGHETTI SQUASH, VEGETABLE SPAGHETTI, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, MAIN COURSE, ENTRÉE, PLANTBASED, HEALTHY MEALS, LOW-CARB