We didn’t set out to create this Sparkling Cranberry Pomegranate Sangria, but it’s where we ended up. Move over mimosas and skip the champagne toast, this is as festive as it gets. The low alcohol content makes this drink perfect for brunch or the grown-up holiday table and it is absolutely beautiful. Crisp, tart, and aromatic with a hint of sweetness from the sugared rim.Print
Move over mimosas, our Sparkling Cranberry Pomegranate Sangria is the new toast of the town. Crisp, tart, and aromatic with a hint of sweetness from the sugared rim.
- 4 ounces chilled Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay (omit for mocktail version)
- 3 ounces chilled cranberry juice (no sugar added)
- 3 ounces chilled pomegranate juice (no sugar added)
- 8 ounces cold plain sparkling water
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, packed
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Classic Sweetener*
- Zest of one lime
- Lime slices, rosemary sprigs, frozen cranberries, and pomegranate arils for garnish
- Zest one lime onto a plate or wide, shallow bowl, add Lakanto, and stir to combine. *Regular sugar can be substituted here.
- Add rosemary and lime juice to a shaker and muddle well. Add the wine, cranberry juice, and pomegranate juice and shake vigorously. There will be roughly ten ounces of this mixture total.
- Wet the rim of two tall glasses or stemless wine glasses and dip into the Lakanto mixture to coat the rim of the glass. Add a tablespoon of pomegranate arils to the bottom of each glass, then fill halfway with ice and add fresh or frozen cranberries and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Pour four ounces of sparkling water into each glass. Strain the juice mixture into a measuring cup and divide between the glasses, pouring slowly over the ice. Garnish with a slice of lime, if desired, and serve immediately.
Use white NA wine or additional sparkling water for a mocktail version.
Keywords: CRANBERRY SANGRIA, REFINED SUGAR-FREE, POMEGRANATE SANGRIA, HOLIDAY SANGRIA, HOLIDAY COCKTAILS, NONALCOHOLIC VERSION, MOCKTAILS, HOLIDAY DRINKS, BRUNCH, WINTER SANGRIA