Rich dark chocolate with a cinnamon spice kick is exactly what your day needs. Our Spiced Vegan Chocolate is also refined sugar-free.Print
Spiced Vegan Chocolate
- 1/4 cup high quality Dutch process cocoa powder, packed
- 2.5 ounces cacao butter (weighed)
- 4 packed tbsp plus 1 tsp Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, divided
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 1 tsp instant coffee crystals, smashed to a fine powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, combine a teaspoon of the Lakanto Powdered Sweetener with 1/8 tsp cinnamon and set aside.
- Combine Golden Lakanto, remaining cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, instant coffee, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and remaining Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, stir, and set aside.
- Finely chop the cacao butter and place in a double boiler to melt. once melted, add the cashew butter and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry mixture while whisking constantly. Once all dry mixture has been incorporated, add the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup and vanilla, whisk until smooth, and immediately pour into candy molds.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours to set, then pop the chocolate out of the molds and add them to a large reusable zip top bag. Add the reserved powdered Lakanto and cinnamon to the bag, seal, and shake to coat the chocolate pieces (skip if making bars). Makes about 12 pieces in candy molds or 6 small bars (we used silicone heart and bar molds from Michael’s).
Enjoy cold or at room temperature. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks in an airtight container…but this is chocolate we’re talking about so…
Total time does not include chill time.
Keywords: CHOCOLATE, VEGAN CHOCOLATE, DAIRY-FREE CHOCOLATE, CINNAMON, SPICED CHOCOLATE, DARK CHOCOLATE, #LAKANTOSWEETENED, CINNAMON SPICE, SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, DUTCH PROCESS, PLANTBASED, PLANT-BASED