Sure, you can buy a bottle of balsamic reduction (often called a “glaze”) just about anywhere, but prepared reductions often contain hidden sugar, and that’s not cool. Instead, pick up a bottle of good quality balsamic vinegar and make your own Sugar-Free Balsamic Reduction in as little as 15 minutes. Perfect on a caprese salad.Print
- 1 cup good quality balsamic vinegar (yep, that’s it)
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to medium-low and continue to simmer until reduced to about half a cup (15-20 minutes).
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning. The vinegar will reduce to a glossy black liquid syrup that will thicken a bit more as it cools.
- Cool completely before using.
Store up to a month, refrigerated in an airtight glass container.
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Sauces, dressing, reduction
- Method: Stove top reduction
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: balsamic, reduction, balsamic vinegar, balsamic reduction, balsamic glaze, sugar-free