Sugar-Free Ketchup with Paleo and Keto-compliant options.
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste (no sugar added)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons hot water
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 tbsp white vinegar (apple cider vinegar for paleo option)
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, measured then sifted
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Swerve Brown Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- Pinch each of allspice and ground black pepper
- Measure 1 cup very hot tap water then add the cloves and Swerve. Let sit for 10 minutes, then remove and discard the cloves.
- To a large bullet blender cup or regular blender pitcher, add the water mixture and all other ingredients. Blend until fully combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a medium sauce pan with a heavy bottom. Add 2 tablespoons hot water to the pitcher or blender cup and swish around to get as much of the tomato mixture out as possible, then add to the pot. Stir and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cover part way with a lid to avoid spatter while allowing steam to escape. Stir frequently to avoid burning and continue simmering until desired thickness is reached, 20-30 minutes.
- Cool completely and transfer to an airtight container.
Keeps 5-7 days in refrigerator or can be frozen up to six months.
We recommend dividing into an ice cube tray or smaller containers to freeze for later use as needed.
Keywords: ketchup, keto, paleo, sugar-free