If you’ve ever bought a jar of pomegranate dressing in the refrigerated section of your grocer, this Sugar-Free Pomegranate Dressing is the recipe you’re looking for. Our version is made with pomegranate molasses and Swerve to keep all the flavor you love in this dressing without the glycemic index hit. This Sugar-Free Pomegranate Dressing pairs perfectly with our Apple Pecan Salad.
Pomegranate molasses is very simple: reduced, unsweetened pomegranate juice. You can make it yourself in about an hour by bring a bottle of unsweetened pomegranate to a gentle boil, then simmering until reduced to a thick syrup. The syrup can be refrigerated up to three months in a glass container or divide into one-tablespoon portions in an ice cube tray and freeze. Frozen cubes can be stored up to a year.
Pomegranate molasses is intensely flavored (so a little goes a long way) but does not add sweetness to a dressing or dish. If you don’t feel like making some yourself, you can find it in the middle eastern section of an international grocer or online.Print
Sugar-Free Pomegranate Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses or 2 tbsp unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch each salt and ground black pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients to a jar or bullet blender. Shake or blend until well combined. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Place dressing in an airtight container (preferably glass) and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Store in refrigerator up to one week, shake before serving.
Keywords: POMEGRANATE DRESSING, SALAD DRESSING, SUGAR-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, LOW-CARB