Nope not actual chicken. Yep, Vegan Cauliflower Chicken Bites do taste just like chicken and are a great way to enjoy the traditional flavors of roasted chicken in a meatless meal. With no cholesterol and more than seven grams of protein, they’re a great way to fill up without getting weighed down. Try them with our Garlic Sage Roasted Chickpeas.Print
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Salt-Free Vegan Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place oven rack at top position and preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat (parchment will brown more).
- Working from the bottom of the cauliflower, carefully cut away the leaves and continue cutting florets off at the base of the main stem, resulting in very large florets. Use a large, sharp knife to slice the florets in half, from stem to crown, in the direction that will yield the widest floret. Cutting into wide florets with one flat side increases surface area for caramelizing while cooking.
- Add the florets to a large bowl, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and gently toss to coat evenly, then sprinkle with the seasoning, a little at a time to coat all sides of the cauliflower evenly.
- Spread cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, the flip and roast another 15 minutes. Optionally, sprinkle with a pinches of dried thyme and rubbed sage. Remove from oven, transfer to a platter or plates, and serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers in a glass airtight container up to four days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 156, Fat: 10.7, Saturated Fat: .9, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6.8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 183.8mg, Potassium: 396.3mg Carbohydrates: 8.9g total/3.8g net, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 7.3g, Vitamin A: .7%, Vitamin C: 107% Calcium: 1.8%, Iron: 5.9% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Entrees, Main Course
- Method: Oven Roasting
- Cuisine: Plant-Based, Paleo
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: VEGAN CHICKEN, CAULIFLOWER CHICKEN, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, KETO, LOW-CARB, PALEO, LOW-FAT, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, BAKED CAULIFLOWER, NUTRITIONAL YEAST, VEGAN, MEATLESS