Smoky, cheesy, caramelized goodness steps off of the sidelines to claim its rightful place as the main attraction. Our Vegan Cheesy Baked Cauliflower is a keto-friendly, plant-based way to get your mac and cheese fix for a fraction of the calories and carbs. We could go on, but you get the point. It’s a plate full of yum, people. Trust us on the nutmeg.Print
Vegan Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Place oven rack at top position, preheat oven to 425 degrees F, and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat (parchment will brown more so watch closely the last 10 minutes).
- Working from the bottom of the cauliflower, carefully cut away the leaves and continue cutting florets off at the base of the main stem, resulting in very large florets. Use a large, sharp knife to slice the florets in half, from stem to crown, in the direction that will yield the widest floret. Cutting into wide florets with one flat side increases surface area for caramelizing while cooking. Add the florets to a large bowl, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients well then sprinkle over the cauliflower one large pinch at a time. Break the nutritional yeast flakes up further as you sprinkle and stir the cauliflower in between each pinch to ensure even coating, which should be quite heavy by the end. Toss gently to avoid breaking up the florets.
- Spread cut side down on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes (20 for parchment, 25 for Silpat), then flip and roast another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit 2 minutes before transferring to a platter or plating. Serve immediately.
Refrigerate leftovers in a glass airtight container up to four days. Note: The paprika will stain plastic containers.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 148, Fat: 10.4, Saturated Fat: .9, Trans Fat: 0, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 6.8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 185.6mg, Potassium: 346mg Carbohydrates:8.3g total/3.5g net, Fiber: 4.8g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 6.5g, Vitamin A: .4%, Vitamin C: 106.3% Calcium: 1.8%, Iron: 4.8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: VEGAN CHEESY CAULIFLOWER, VEGAN MAC, PLANT-BASED, VEGETARIAN, KETO, LOW-CARB, PALEO, LOW-FAT, SIDE DISHES, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, BAKED CAULIFLOWER, NUTRITIONAL YEAST, VEGAN