Broccoli and Cheese does not have to mean a diced broccoli mush swimming in a neon orange river of cheese-flavored goo. Tell us where that stuff is found in nature, we dare you. Our Vegan Cheesy Roasted Broccoli is a healthier version (made with plant-based ingredients you can pronounce) that delivers on flavor and makes you look all refined and adult-ish.Print
Vegan Cheesy Roasted Broccoli
- Set oven rack to top position, preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Rinse broccoli florets thoroughly and cut each crown into 4-6 large florets, then slice each floret in half through the stalks so there will be a crown side and a flat side (some will be wider than others but keep thickness as uniform as possible). Add florets to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cassava flour, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Reserve one tablespoon of the mixture.
- Drizzle the broccoli florets with the oil and toss to coat. Continue to toss gently while sprinkling with the dry seasoning mixture. Coat thoroughly and evenly, pressing the crown side gently against excess seasoning, then transfer the florets to the prepared baking sheet, crown side down. Leave any excess seasoning in the bowl and set aside.
- Roast the broccoli for 15 minutes.
- While broccoli is roasting, finely dice the Daiya Mozzarella shreds and add to the bowl from the broccoli along with the reserved tablespoon of seasoning. Combine thoroughly.
- Remove the broccoli after 15 minutes and flip to the flat side, positioning the florets closely together so they are touching. Sprinkle with the shreds and seasoning mixture, pressing into the crowns, and stuffing between the stalks.
- Return to oven and continue roasting for another 10-15 minutes, to desired tenderness. The Cheesy seasoning mixture will crisp up in the oven. Plate and serve immediately.
Completely cool leftovers and store in an airtight glass container up to four days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE) – Calories: 160, Fat: 8.8g, Saturated Fat: 1.1, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 280mg, Potassium: 502mg, Carbohydrates: 14.4g total/10g net, Fiber: 4.4g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 6.5g, Vitamin A: 81%, Vitamin C: 169%, Calcium: 5%, Iron: 7.4% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: ROASTED BROCCOLI, VEGAN CHEESY ROASTED BROCCOLI, DAIYA, DAIRY-FREE, PLANT-BASED, SIDES, SIDE DISHES, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, BROCCOLI AND CHEESE, MEATLESS, VEGAN ROASTED BROCCOLI, NUTRITIONAL YEAST