If we’re being honest, grain-free pancakes can be dense and heavy unless they’re full of eggs to fluff them up. We wanted a grain-free recipe that was also plant-based, and after much experimentation, we arrived at Vegan Chickpea Flour Pancakes.
For this recipe, we tried several brands of flour and Anthony’s consistently delivered delicious and fluffy pancakes with 10 grams of protein per serving. Enjoy them plain on the go or with Lakanto syrup, fresh fruit, nut butter, sauce, or topping of your choice. You would never suspect they are made of chickpea flour, contain no oil, and are refined sugar-free. But here we are, stuffing our faces with pancakes. Join us.Print
Our light and fluffy Vegan Chickpea Flour Pancakes are grain-free, gluten-free, and packed with 10 grams of protein per serving.
- 2/3 cup Anthony’s Chickpea Flour, packed and leveled*
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp room temperature water
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp golden flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, packed and leveled
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Mix flax egg and set aside for at least 5 minutes. Combine water, apple cider vinegar, Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup, and vanilla in a measuring cup and set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and whisk together to combine thoroughly and remove any lumps.
- Place a dry, non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add the flax egg and water mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined, scraping the bottom and sides as needed. Let sit 2-3 minutes while pan heats.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop to portion the batter into the pan, spreading to a 5-6″ circle, depending on thickness preference. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes (edges will be dry, center will be bubbling, and bottom will be a deep golden brown). Adjust heat, as necessary. Flip and cook another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Keep warm on the rack of a warm oven if making a larger batch. Serve immediately with Lakanto syrup, fresh fruit, nut butter, sauce, or topping of your choice.
We use Anthony’s Goods Flours unless otherwise specified. Why? We dig outstanding quality, value, and predictable results, and Anthony’s consistently delivers. Your liquid to flour ratio will vary with other brands.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (2 PANCAKES WITHOUT TOPPINGS) – Calories: 183, Fat: 3.8, Saturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 114mg, Potassium: 362mg, Carbohydrates: 24g total/19g net, Fiber: 5, Sugar: 4, Protein: 10, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 3%, Iron: 12% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Keywords: VEGAN PANCAKES, CHICKPEA FLOUR PANCAKES, GRAIN-FREE PANCAKES, GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE, PLANT-BASED, OIL-FREE, VEGETARIAN, SUGAR-FREE, HIGH-PROTEIN, CHOLESTEROL-FREE