- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt, drained*
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves and short stems, tightly packed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp minced fresh jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/16 tsp xanthan gum (1/8 tsp if yogurt is not drained)
- Generous pinch of ground black pepper
- If using a new container of yogurt, peel foil back partially and drain off excess liquid that has separated. This will result in a thicker yogurt. If yogurt has already been mixed, increase xanthan gum to 1/8 tsp.
- Place all ingredients, except for yogurt, in a food processor and pulse until well combined (enough to break up the avocado chunks and cilantro leaves).
- Add yogurt and continue to pulse, scraping down sides as needed, until mostly smooth with small bits of cilantro.
- Transfer to a glass airtight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Refrigerate in a glass airtight container up to 3 days, stir before serving.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (ABOUT 3 TABLESPOONS) – Calories: 30.8, Fat: 2.3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: .2g, Monounsaturated Fat: .8g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 43.4mg, Potassium: 54.8g, Carbohydrates: 2.8g total/1.8g net, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: .3g, Protein: .4g, Vitamin A: 1.7%, Vitamin C: 4.5%, Calcium: 5.2%, Iron: .4% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dips, Salad Dressing, Savory Sauces
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Plant-Based
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: AVOCADO CILANTRO DIP, VEGAN DIP, VEGAN SALAD DRESSING, CREAMY VEGAN DIP, LOW-FAT, GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO, DAIRY-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, PLANT-BASED