FRESH: How does “Vegan Parmesan Cheese” work? I mean, how do you make nuts taste like cheese?
OUT: Hold my Nooch.
FRESH: [Can’t talk, mouth full.]
OUT: That’s how.
- 1 packed cup raw cashews
- 4 tbsp Anthony’s Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse to a coarse meal consistency, or finer, if desired. Do not over process.
- Marvel at the way it really does taste like parmesan cheese.
- Try not to eat it with a spoon.
Refrigerate in a glass airtight container up to 6 weeks. Freeze in a reusable silicone bag with excess air removed up to 3 months.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1 TABLESPOON) – Calories: 52, Fat: 3.6g, Saturated Fat: .6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0g, Sodium: 113mg, Potassium: 96mg, Carbohydrates: 3.1g total/2.5g net, Fiber: .6 Sugar: .5, Protein: 2.5, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%, Calcium: 0%, Iron: 3.8% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Condiments, Plant-Based
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, Plant-Based
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: VEGAN CHEESE, VEGAN PARMESAN, CASHEWS, NUTRITIONAL YEAST, NON-DAIRY, PLANT-BASED, PLANTBASED, CONDIMENT, ITALIAN, CHEEZY, NOOCH, PALEO, KETO, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE