Our Thai Stir-Fried Greens and Turkey recipe is a house favorite, so in our ongoing effort to eat more vegetables, we’ve adapted the original to create our equally delicious Vegan Thai Stir-Fry. In this version, we are using Beyond Beef Plant-Based Ground and a mix of baby spinach and baby kale since they are readily available year-round. If you have the option of picking up stir-fry greens from seasonal farmers markets, we highly recommend it.Print
Vegan Thai Stir-Fry
- 1 pound Beyond Beef Plant-Based Ground
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into thin half-moons (try to keep the slices intact)
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips, from top to bottom
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced and reserved for garnish
- 3 packed cups baby spinach*
- 3 packed cups baby kale*
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, reserved for garnish
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp dried sweet or Thai basil, or 1 tbsp fresh minced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional: Lime wedges and steamed cauliflower rice for serving
- In a large measuring cup, thoroughly combine lime juice, garlic, chili garlic sauce, coconut aminos, basil, sesame oil, and Lakanto and set aside.
- Prep all vegetables, reserve the green onion separately, add the bell pepper and greens to a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan with a lid over high heat. Add avocado oil and onions in a single layer, sear one side for up to a minute, then flip and sear the other side. Remove seared onions from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, add the Beyond Ground and quickly break apart into an even layer. Season with ground black pepper and cook one minute. Flip and cook for one more minute.
- Add the sauce mixture to the Beyond Ground and toss to distribute evenly. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for two more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, quickly add onions, greens, and peppers to the pan (layer on top of the Beyond Ground), cover and let sit for one minute. Yes, this looks like a ridiculous amount of greens, but they will wilt down significantly, and continue to wilt while the ingredients are hot.
- Toss one more time and serve immediately, garnished with green onion slices and sesame seeds. Serve with steamed cauliflower rice and lime wedges, if desired.
*Must use baby greens to ensure quick and similar wilt times. We used a combination of baby kale and baby spinach for texture. However, you can use either one, or baby stir-fry greens. We also keep the peppers crunchy, cooking them just enough to warm through.
Refrigerate leftovers in a glass airtight container up to three days.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/6 RECIPE) – Calories: 271, Fat: 17.5g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.7g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 442mg, Potassium: 541mg, Carbohydrates: 14.1g total/10.4g net, Fiber: 3.7g, Sugar: 4.5g, Protein: 15.7g, Vitamin A: 216%, Vitamin C: 111%, Calcium: 15.9%, Iron: 20% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/6 RECIPE PLUS CAULIFLOWER RICE) – Calories: 285, Fat: 17.5g, Saturated Fat: 5.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2.7g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 489mg, Potassium: 621mg, Carbohydrates: 16.1g total/11.1g net, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 5.2g, Protein: 16.4g, Vitamin A: 216%, Vitamin C: 111%, Calcium: 17.3%, Iron: 21% (based on 2,000 calorie diet). Includes one 12-ounce bag of plain, steamed cauliflower rice.
Keywords: THAI STIR FRY, STIR-FRY, STIR-FRIED GREENS, BEYOND GROUND, MEATLESS, EASY MEALS, VEGAN, HEALTHY EATING, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, PLANT-BASED, WEEKNIGHT MEALS