Once upon a time, we fell in love with Nightfood’s Cherry Eclipse, but nearby stores haven’t carried it in recent years. Thanks to the marvels of modern technology, we’ve found a quick and easy way to make a macro-friendly dupe that is addictively delicious and [we believe] even better than the original with fewer calories, carbs, sugars, and less fat. We give you Ninja Creami Cherry Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream.
Let us spin…Print
For the Base
- 7 ounces Premiere Protein vanilla shake
- 1 cup Oikos Cherry Triple Zero High Protein Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar-free white chocolate Jello pudding mix
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Optional: Packet of stevia
For the Mix-ins
- 6 fresh cherries, pitted and chopped*
- 1 tbsp Lakanto semi-sweet baking chips, roughly chopped
- Combine all base ingredients together in a bullet blender or shaker and transfer to the Ninja Creami pint.
- Freeze on a level surface for at least 24 hours.
- Level out the top of the frozen contents and let sit for 5-10 minutes before spinning. Spin on the Lite Ice Cream setting twice. No, it won’t be done in one spin and no, you don’t need to add liquid (because cherries).
- Use a spoon to hollow out a space in the center of the pint and add the cherries and chocolate. Spin once on Mix-Ins. Serve immediately.
- Store base in freezer up to 30 days. We don’t recommend re-freezing.
- *Frozen cherries are just meh in this, so we recommend fresh. Did you know that you don’t have to buy the whole bag of fresh cherries? Just pick out enough to make what you want and toss them in a produce bag. They’re sold by weight, after all.
- Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (ENTIRE PINT) – Calories: 298, Fat: 5.9g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 22.7mg, Sodium: 620mg, Potassium: 368g, Carbohydrates: 24.3g total/19.5g net, Fiber: 4.8g, Sugar: 12g, Protein: 34.6g, Vitamin A: 19%, Vitamin C: 32%, Calcium: 61%, Iron: 6.5% (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
- Total time does not include freezing/sitting time.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Desserts, Frozen Treats
- Method: Ninja Creami
- Diet: Low Fat
Keywords: NINJA CREAMI, PROTEIN ICE CREAM, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, LOW-CARB, LOW SUGAR, LOW-FAT, LOW CALORIE, MACRO-FRIENDLY, PREMIERE PROTEIN, OIKOS, TRIPLE ZERO, CHERRY ICE CREAM, CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM, NINJA PROTEIN ICE CREAM, CHERRY PROTEIN ICE CREAM