That batch of Instant Pot Pinto Beans (soaked or no-soak) is the gift that keeps on giving. Ditch the microwave burrito and try this Vegan Burrito Salad. You’re supposed to be a vegetable-eating grownup, after all.
Vegan Burrito Salad made with our Instant Pot Pinto Beans, Pico de Gallo, and Simple Guacamole.
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups Instant Pot Pinto Beans (soaked or no-soak) with liquid
- 1 12-ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice, thawed
- 1 cup Classic Pico de Gallo
- 1 batch Simple Guacamole
- 1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Shreds vegan cheese
- 2 tsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Salt, to taste (we used 1/8 tsp with unsalted beans)
- Lime wedges, cherry tomatoes, diced red onions and fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Add beans with liquid*, cauliflower rice, and taco seasoning, to a large sauté pan. Warm over medium-high heat until the beans are heated through, cauliflower rice softens, and the liquid has reduced to desired thickness (5-10 minutes).
- Divide the lettuce between four large bowls or plates. Divide the Pico de Gallo between the bowls, then use a slotted spoon to divide the beans and cauliflower rice. Sprinkle each bowl with a quarter of the vegan cheese and top with guacamole. Garnish, as desired, and serve immediately with lime wedges.
If using canned beans, drain and rinse the beans then use 1/2 cup unsalted vegetable stock to heat them with the cauliflower rice. Increase to a tablespoon of taco seasoning.
Refrigerate leftovers in individual glass containers up to 4 days and assemble just before eating.
Nutrition Estimate Per Serving (1/4 RECIPE, 1 SALAD) – Calories: 263, Fat: 8.3g, Saturated Fat: 2.1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.9g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 400mg, Potassium: 987mg, Carbohydrates: 37g total/25.4g net, Fiber: 11.6, Sugar: 4.3, Protein: 10, Vitamin A: 9%, Vitamin C: 32.6%, Calcium: 12.4%, Iron: 16% (based on 2,000 calorie diet). *Includes 1/8 tsp added salt, made with Instant Pot Beans that are unsalted.
Keywords: BURRITO SALAD, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, WEEKNIGHT MEALS, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, DAIRY-FREE, VEGETARIAN, LOW-FAT