It’s also great stuffed into grilled portobello mushrooms. Mostly, we like to stuff it into our faces…but this is about you…enjoying an easy summer salsa.Print
- 3 plum/Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large English cucumber, seeded and diced (do not peel)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley (2 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (1 tsp dried)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/8 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional: coconut flour or cassava flour chips
- To a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno, onion, garlic (unless using powder), parsley, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl or pinch bowl, combine cumin, salt, pepper and paprika (if using garlic powder, add here).
- Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture over the vegetables and toss. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture, add lime juice, and toss again until evenly coated.
- You will want to eat this with a spoon immediately, but we promise it’s worth the wait. Transfer to an airtight glass container and refrigerate 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours before serving (great for party prep). Strain excess liquid before serving if desired, but reserve for storage.
Refrigerate in an airtight glass container up to 4 days – the cucumber remains crunchy.
Total time includes refrigeration time.
Keywords: CUCUMBER SALSA, SALSA, EASY SALSA, SUMMER SALSA, KETO, PALEO, VEGAN, LOW-CARB, FAT-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, PARTY FOOD, HOLIDAYS