If you liked our vegan and paleo-compliant Salted Vanilla Bean White Chocolate, you’ll love this White Mocha Chocolate. It’s the perfect bite-sized combination of white chocolate and coffee to stave off cravings for sweets.
This recipe comes together quickly and easily as long as you have the right ingredients and a double boiler. Don’t try this in the microwave. Three things to ensure your success: (1) The cacao butter must be weighed for reliable measurement. (2) Lakanto Powdered Sweetener is a 2:1 sweetener, meaning you would need twice as much of another powdered sugar replacement. That won’t work. Do not substitute. (3) Sift the sweetener, coconut milk powder, and instant coffee powder to avoid lumps.Print
Vegan and Paleo-compliant White Mocha Chocolate
- 3 ounces raw cacao butter, by weight (we’ve used Navitas and Terrasoul brands with consistent results)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cashew butter (we used Justin’s)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, packed and leveled
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk Powder, packed and leveled (we used Terrasoul)
- 1 tbsp dark roast instant coffee, divided
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Run the instant coffee crystals through a spice grinder or place in a bowl and smash into a fine powder with the back of a spoon. Lightly sprinkle up to 1/3 of the coffee powder into the wells of your candy molds – just enough to dust a bit.
- Place a sifter or fine mesh strainer in a medium bowl, then use a 1/4-cup scoop to measure the Lakanto Sweetener and coconut milk powder, respectively, packing each and leveling with a knife, then add each to the sifter. Add half of the remaining coffee powder, sift the dry mixture into the bowl and set aside.
- Bring water in the pot of a double boiler to a rolling simmer.
- Weigh cacao butter, chop into small uniform chunks and place in the bowl of the double boiler, then add the salt and cashew butter. Place the bowl on top of the double boiler pot and remove from heat. When most of the cacao has melted (2-3 minutes), begin whisking and continue until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the sweetener mixture, one heaping tablespoon at a time, while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula. Continue whisking 1-2 minutes, again scraping down the sides as needed. The mixture should be glossy and lump-free with specks of coffee throughout.
- Spoon into silicone candy molds, filling about half way (our candy molds held about two teaspoons each and made 24 pieces of chocolate). These are decadently rich, so when choosing a mold smaller pieces are better. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- While molds are firming up, add the remaining coffee powder to the chocolate mixture and stir to incorporate. Let sit, then stir again just before spooning into the chilled molds until all mixture is used. This gives the pieces two layers with different coffee intensity. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before removing the pieces from the molds (larger molds will need more time to set).
Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 weeks or freeze in a reusable silicone zipper bag with excess air removed up to 2 months.
Keywords: PALEO WHITE CHOCOLATE, SUGAR-FREE WHITE CHOCOLATE, WHITE CHOCOLATE, VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE, MOCHA, WHITE MOCHA, PLANT-BASED, PLANTBASED, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, LOW-CARB, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, PALEO, COFFEE